Monday 19 September 2016

Life in my new Home!

I Love My Home has settled in to its new home at Brackley Antique Cellar. The first couple of weeks have been really good for sales and I've already had to restock so I'm a happy little camper!
The staff are all lovely and so helpful, I worried that moving from a  lovely intimate place to a much larger one might mean it was a bit clinical but not at all. Of course, it may have helped that I took a large box of chocolate biscuits for them when I went in this weekend!!

Here are a couple of photos to give you a slight idea of how HUGE the place is:



Even these don't really do it justice as it's impossible to capture the whole building and there are other areas which are separate from the main one, it just goes on and on...


Here are a few items in my humble little unit (I can see I might be upgrading to a larger one sooner rather than later)


Some of my larger items have already been sent off to new homes so I added a few more this weekend...


I think my favourites were firstly this lovely vintage double desk and bench, can you imagine the kids doing their homework at this while you cook dinner? and secondly, the gorgeous vintage Imperial typewriter. Don't they look great together?


I showed this to the lovely Alison from Stylish Shutters of Tring who's helping me with some new window treatments at home, and we were off down memory lane with our experiences of manual typewriters, telex machines etc, God I feel old!! 
Just for the record, I don't remember machines as old as this one!

3 comments:

  1. Where are you located, I'll be there soon. Saw few things would love to have. Does bench go with desk? And I love old linens.
    Aw shucks, reading your bio see you live in England. How I would love to see your country, I am of English descent, maiden name was Scofield. Believe have some Canadian in there somewhere also. My brother did geneology search, discovered way back was relative who was in parliament.
    Looks like quite a place you have your treasures for sale. The US has some big antique/vintage shops like yours. Since my hubs used to be long haul trucker have had occasion to visit a few along the way, really miss getting to go. Beside getting to see much of America also saw some of lower CN.
    We have dog, cat and five chickens, live out in rural area in western CO, just 1/2 an acre.
    Have lovely rest of week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes the bench and desk are all one piece of furniture. I was so lucky to find it. it has a beautiful patina to the wood. Maybe it's just as well you're not a regular shopper at my unit, hubs might not approve! Where you live sounds wonderful. Keep in touch and take care of yourself x

      Delete
    2. Hi! Yes the bench and desk are all one piece of furniture. I was so lucky to find it. it has a beautiful patina to the wood. Maybe it's just as well you're not a regular shopper at my unit, hubs might not approve! Where you live sounds wonderful. Keep in touch and take care of yourself x

      Delete

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!