Tuesday 7 April 2015

Shabby Chest of Drawers Makeover



I picked up this very pretty little serpentine chest of drawers at auction recently, but it was rather the worse for wear. Have a look at the next photo …..


(apologies for the photos, the sun was shining in - a rare occurrence!)


However, the bare bones were lovely and it was basically sound.
I love the serpentine shape to the front and the cabriole legs. These are the type of features which lift a piece out of the ordinary...


I used a combination of ASCP French Linen covered with Old White and then distressed and waxed for a lovely shabby finish.
I was lucky that I had the original handles which look so pretty.


I'm very tempted to keep this but it has to go to Afterglow of Olney next time I restock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!