Thursday 4 September 2014

Chair makeover and a dilemma...

I scored this old chair recently and it really had very little to recommend it: old fashioned, brown, horrible fabric, yeuch!

But, with my well-honed upcycler's eye, I could see that it had lovely proportions and was basically sound. So I spent a couple of days working on it and...


Voila!


Suddenly it's graceful lines and pretty details leap out


Here's a close up of the seat covering I used (linen, of course)...


and the finish I achieved...


I love a bit of crackle glazing and I've been working on my own method to get the best results. Also I've blended my own antiquing glaze which I'm finding a lot easier to use than dark wax. It gives a more controllable and subtler effect - hope you like it?

And the dilemma? The usual one: do I sell her or add her to my already overstuffed house?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!