Thursday 14 August 2014

Edwardian bureau bookcase refinish.....

I've been so busy lately working on lovely new things to show at Afterglow of Olney that it's taken me a while to get round to this lovely piece for my bedroom. In fact MLH has been skirting round it for about a month as it lay in pieces on the floor!

For some reason it had been painted in a rather unpleasant navy blue so I refinished it in an aged white finish using some eggshell paint I had (bit of an experiment but it seems to have worked). 


I did some jiggerypokery with PVA glue, a hairdryer, sandpaper and clear and dark wax and this is the finish I achieved...


here's a couple of close ups...


I know grungy, chippy and crackled isn't everyone's favourite but I love it so I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!


see you soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!