Thursday 29 May 2014

Something from nothing.....

I never like to throw anything away and my workshop is full of odds and ends waiting to become useful again...
This piece of wood was actually the bottom of an old birdcage which I took apart so that it would fit on the beams in my bedroom (more of that in another post to come). Anyway I looked at it the other day and realised it would stand up on it's own like a little easel so I created a double sided piece of artwork featuring two of my favourite things: angels and 'Rebecca' by Daphne du Maurier.


Angel photo courtesy of Karen at the Graphics Fairy


and I scanned my vintage copy of 'Rebecca' and singed the edges to reflect the ending of the book...

Might not be to everyone's taste but it works beautifully in my newly transformed bedroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!