Friday 14 June 2013

The 'Violette' box.....

I picked up this rather ugly box last week  mainly because it had a large top surface which I thought would take a graphic nicely...


here's the boring inside.......


...and here's the new outside. I'd decided, on a whim, to paint the inside violet and it started a whole theme. So I painted the design on the top....


a bit more detail...


and here's the inside in pretty violet with a lovely label from Karen over at the Graphics Fairy....


here's a close up of the pretty perfume label 'Parma Violets' from Grasse - perfect!


But it didn't stop there...I was on a floral theme by now and pulled out this little chest that I've been meaning to transform for ages - pretty dull right?


but look what some paint and wax and a graphic from lovely Karen over at the Graphics Fairy can do!


here's a shot of the lid, the label worked perfectly with the color and finish...


and why stop there? I added another little rose in a heart with a butterfly inside for a little surprise when you open the lid!


Hope you've enjoyed my floral themed post! Thanks for looking x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!