Tuesday 16 April 2013

Thought for the day...

...being housebound has given me a new perspective on my husband's life as he leaves each day for his commute into London, especially as he returns each evening to cook, clean and do all the things i would normally have done.

we both like inspirational quotes so i often text or email a little thought to him to let him know i am thinking of him and appreciating his efforts... 



today i collected lots of quotes and folded them into an old preserving jar with the label 'thought for the day'...


as he leaves each morning he can choose a thought...it will be interesting to see if they are relevant to the day ahead...


btw, i photographed the jar against an artwork/pin board i am working on to use in my work room. it's based on one of my favourite books: 'Rebecca'

6 comments:

  1. Great idea, never thought of making a jar to collect the thoughts of the day. Thanks for sharing this. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks trisha, i think there are a lots of possibilities for this idea, in the past i've made memory jars so you can write down good things to look back on (maybe when things aren't so good). they are a great idea for new parents too so they can remember first words etc!

      Delete
  2. I Have got to print out those 42 things to put on our frig. It won't hurt for both hubs and I to consider them all when we take the time to read them. Think I'll print them out to send to our daughter who thinks her life is so hard. She really needs to take life less seriously. She was always a bit of a drama queen and hasn't stopped. She's 43 now and I worry about her. She kinda takes the fun out of a lot of things in her life.
    I'm so sorry to hear you're housebound. I should have been when I had both my knees replaced (less than a year apart) but I'm too darned silly to stay put. I sincerely hope that whatever the cause you'll be recovering soon. I enjoy your blog, discovered you just recently.
    Peaceful days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, great to hear from you again - if you're not too squeamish you can scroll down and read about my fall and see the xrays showing all the metalwork the surgeon put in my arm!

      Delete
  3. Excellent idea and it looks so pretty.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sarah, thank you, my husband loved it and kept dipping in for 'just one more' like it was a sweetie jar!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!