Monday 12 November 2012

Ready for the next project...

.... well, here we go, my contract has finished in London, MLH starts a new job in January and I have cleared the decks for my next big project. I have chosen to give up my therapy business of twenty-something years and to concentrate on making more of I Love My Home. I don't make plans, partly because they never seem to turn out the way I expected and partly because I like the spontaneity that life brings, so I don't know how it will develop yet - but that's the exciting part!

Last week I looked at a 16th Century farmhouse for sale. This is it, I thought, perfect timing for a new start. Holes in the thatched roof and rotting timbers were a slight concern (!) but when I saw the two inglenook fireplaces and vaulted, beamed ceilings I could see the bares bones of a beautiful home. It was very dirty and neglected and I know it would have been a money pit but I was still disappointed when the estate agent told me an offer had been accepted and it was off the market - booooo! I'll just have to keep the faith and hope my house is out there somewhere waiting for me to love it and make it beautiful...

Just between us - and don't tell anyone I showed you - here are a couple of sneaky pics of the farmhouse...


given some love and care, these could be gorgeous!


Hey ho - I'll keep looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!