Sunday 1 July 2012

Travelling Trunk Coffee Table....

... and, as usual, I got over excited and forget to take a 'before' picture - duh!, anyway, this trunk was in a neglected state when my friend Jo gave it to me. I set to, and polished it up with metal polish (lots of elbow grease), sanded back the wooden parts and waxed them, added some feet and waxed them, lined the interior with vintage sheet music in a lovely creamy shade, repaired and refinished the handles, and.....



Ta Dah!


 ... pretty as a picture and really useful. These old trunks seem to have become really popular lately and this one has become a coffee table with loads of storage inside - perfect!...


...here it is with the lid closed to show you how perfect it is as a coffee table. I do love it when I can turn something unwanted into something I want to keep! What do you think of it?

2 comments:

  1. love the finished product, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, it went to France to live in a converted barn and looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!