Wednesday 6 June 2012

Living the High Life....

I am a very lucky girl.....my husband headed up a big conference in London a couple of weeks ago and this was the setting for the final night's gala dinner. It's the Banqueting House, an incredibly historic building not least because Charles I was executed here - luckily they've mopped up since....


The ceiling was painted by Rubens and you can just see the large red velvet covered throne at the rear of the room...and yes, I did sit on it and have my photo taken....Queen for the night! 
I don't think I'll ever get the chance to do that again....


What you can't see very well in the picture is that the flower arrangements were all blue and white hydrangeas and cream roses with eucalyptus foliage - absolutely gorgeous! I adore hydrangeas and grow them in the garden to dry and use indoors as decoration. They always look fabulous.



2 comments:

  1. You are a very lucky girl. That ceiling is so beautiful.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Cindy, you're so right - when I walked into the hall it just took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!