Sunday 22 April 2012

...'Louis' style cabinet, before and after.....

...I finally remembered to take a 'before' photo of this piece! Now, one of my friends liked this the way it was and said I should leave it (no pun intended) but I like to go with my gut and finish things the way that I would like them if I was keeping them for myself so this had to go.....


...and so did this, the top of the cabinet.....


...BTW inside one of the drawers was this lovely old label (perhaps the most attractive part of the whole thing so far)...


...so I went with a classic French finish which showed off the lovely original handles...


...I finished it in a slightly aged, crackle glaze...


...and distressed it a little bit...


...what do you think? like it?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome, please join the conversation!